Monday, May 18, 2009

Haara Nahi Mai (हारा नहीं मैं)

Today I was browsing through election news on rediff.com and found this awesome poem in the discussion board segment. It was so good that I could not resist sharing it with you. The poet did not give the title so I gave it one. The name of the poet is Deepank Singhal (as flashing on rediff.com). I assume he wrote it himself and did not copied it from some where which makes him the poet.

हैरान हूँ मैं, पर हताश नहीं हूँ,
परेशान हूँ मैं, पर निराश नहीं हूँ।
फ़िर उगेगा सूरज, पर दिशा अलग होगी,
फ़िर बहेंगी नदियाँ, पर राह अलग होगी।
फ़िर चहचहाएँगे पक्षी, पर चहचहाहट अलग होगी,
फ़िर खिलखिलाएँगे बच्चे, पर खिलखिलाहट अलग होगी।
फ़िज़ा बदलेगी, हवा बदलेगी,
आने वाली सुबह, देश का समां बदलेगी।
आज मैं हारा नहीं हूँ, बस मेरा ’हार’ गया है,
कल मैं फ़िर जीतूँगा, ये वक़्त मुझसे कह गया है।
बदलाव तो विकास का प्रतीक है,
प्रयोग तो लोकतंत्र की नींव है।
करने दो प्रयोग उन्हें, ज़रा वो भी आज़मा लें,
इसी में भारत की जीत है, इसी में मेरी जीत है।

- दीपांक शिंघल

2 comments:

Sameer said...

truly poetic..
flowing...

Secret Swan said...

dear pratush,
Thanks for posting this poem in your own blog.This poem was written by me and I only posted it on rediff.com after the declaration elections'09 results...
I need a small favour from you.My surname is Singhal and not Shinghal.kindly update this.
thanking you..