Monday, October 27, 2008

Its My Birthday... Just Another Day

Ahh... Am 21 today. What's the big deal? Umm... I am just another common human being on this planet whose existence doesnot matter much to anyone. Often people ask me why I don't celebrate my birthday? What should I reply? I am in a fix.

I try to ignore the question. Because the answer which is in my heart will not be palateable to them. Will the Sun rise from a different direction on that day? Will the wind change its course? Or will the Electricity Board will announce a "No Power Cut Day" in the city? Obvious answer, NO. So why hype so much? Its just another common day. Now, some will say that it should be special to me. Why? Will anything change in my life before and after the day? Will anything change around me before and after the day? All the due project submissions will remain as it is. Financial crisis in the family will remain the same. Relationship rifts involving me will be as wide as ever. So, what's so special about that?

I am sure by now many readers must be thinking I have lost it. "Is this bloke gone crazy?"; "What the heck is he talking about?"; blah blah... But my dear friends all these things apply to all of you as well. Whether or not you accept it. The difference is that I have realized it and some haven't. Now let me be more precise.

Consider my example. After 7671 days of existence I can barely remember few days on which I did something which is really considerable. The days when I lived to the fullest in order to do something which was significant for others. Everybody lives for one's own self. Just give it a thought and count the number of days you lived for others. Sounds crazy again? Why care for others? "Apni problems kam hain kya yaar? Baat karta hai !!" and yup... Its also true. But ever thought?... Even animals live for themselves. Then what's the difference between them and us humans? There is no end to this ordeal within oneself. Their conscience (if they have any) screams its heart out but people do what is best for them. Others go to hell. Who cares?

But I think the day I help someone, the day I bring back smile on someone's face, the day when I take away someone's pain and suffering, the day when somebody's lips chant a silent prayer for me, the day when I can proudly say that "Yeah !! Today I did something for someone for which that person will remember me for ever", that day my dear friends, I will celebrate my birthday. Beacuse that day will mark the moment which I want to cherish for the rest of my life. That day will be added in my list of considerable days. That day will make my life and existence worth it.

किसी की मुस्कुराहटो पे हो निसार,
किसी का दर्द मिल सके तो ले उधार,
किसी के वास्ते हो तेरे दिल मे प्यार,
जीना इसी का नाम है ।

2 comments:

Vaibhav Jain said...

:)
what a style to celebrate the birthday.. and wese you are right.. we are no sachins, kalams, mayawatis, gandhis, etc. that our bdays need to be celebrated... infact rue that one more year has passed and we are still trying to make a mark.. bdyas har saal ati hain chali jati hain.. log ek baar wish kar dete hain, fir treat treat chillate hain... what more?

kya bakwas hoti hai ye... and ur idea of celebrating the day in ur way is fanatbulous.. im sure ek din esa zarur ayega... tussi jiyo hazaaro saal :)

Unknown said...

hii praty
tumhare saare views birthday ke baare me ekdum sahi hain...jaisa ki tumne kaha ki ki tum us din apna bday manana chahoge jab tum kisi ki help karo n kisi ke chehre pe smile leke aao...wo din jise tum apni yaadon me rakhna chahoge...bt wo din usi birthday wale din ki wajah se possible hua naa yr...which ultimately makes ur bday special so that u are able to bring happiness to others...jis din tum kisi ki help karoge us din bhi koi suraj alag nahi niklegaa naa hi hawa ulti chalegi bt wo din special hogaa naa
main bas ye kehna chah raha thaa ki wo din bhi special usi din ki wajah se ho raha hai jis din tum janme so there is always a reason to atleast cherish or be happy that day too...its ur birthday